image Ask GWC link

join Our Email List

The Western Sun - The Newspaper of Golden West College

Associate Degree for Transfer
Associate Degree for Transfer

Salary Surfer
Salary Surfer

Search jobs posted at our school!

Free Newsletter - Student Health 101

Admissions & Records PhotosEnrollment Fees

Fees are $46 per unit

*Enrollment Fee is subject to change by the State Legislature.

Student Health Service Fee

$19 per semester for fall and spring; $16 for summer session. This is a mandated fee unless the student presents a waiver. Those eligible for a waiver are:

  1. Students who depend solely on prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings of a bona fide religious sect, denomination, or organization. For further information, call (714) 895-8121.

  2. Students enrolled only in courses of less than two weeks duration.

College Service Charge

$17 for each fall and spring semester and $10 for the summer semester. This charge underwrites many student services and campus programs. The College Administration and Student Council encourage students to support the campus community by paying this non-mandatory fee.

A $1.00 of each $17 funds student scholarships and the library text book program.
Information about specific programs funded by this charge and requests
for a waiver of the College Services Charge are available during  posted business hours in
the Student Activities Office. The request to waive the College Services Charge must
be secured in advance prior to the student's payment of registration fees. The period
to obtain this waiver is between the date class schedules are available online through the
last day to enroll in the regular school semester. This fee is subject to change. For further information call (714) 895-8261.

Student Representation Fee

Student Representation Fee: $2 per semester for fall and spring. One dollar ($1.00) will go to the campus and one dollar ($1.00) will go to the Student Senate for California Community Colleges for the purposes of providing student government representatives the means to state their positions and viewpoints before city, county, district, state, and federal government as well as other public agencies on behalf of the student body. This is a voluntary contribution made at the time of registration.


Students who are not California residents as defined by the Education Code are required to pay the non-resident tuition fee in addition to the fees described above. Please note that it is the student's responsibility to prove that he/she is a California resident. Please Note: Effective Summer 2016, non resident tuition will be $211 per unit and non resident capital outlay will be $45 dollars per unit.

Material Fees

In accordance with regulations of the Board of Governors of the California Community Colleges, Title 5, California Administrative Code, Section 59400 et seq., the Coast Community College District shall provide free of charge to students all instructional materials, except for materials which the District Board of Trustees has approved as required materials for a particular course. The student must purchase these materials from the College at the District cost. The Board has approved such fees because these materials are required to complete the objectives of the course and they are tangible property of continuing value outside the classroom which the student will retain as his or her own property.

Parking Permits

$30 per semester and $15 for the summer session. A current Golden West College Parking Permit is required to park a vehicle in campus parking lots. Permits may be purchased on-line through the college's website during normal operating hours. The permit must be displayed in clear view on the left rear bumper (driver’s side) or hung from the inside rear view mirror so as to be clearly visible. Mechanical permit dispenser machines are available in each parking lot for parking by the day. Failure to properly display a valid parking permit may result in the issuance of a citation. A student whose permit is lost or stolen must purchase a new permit.

Purchase Parking Permit

Parking citations are issued in cooperation with the West Orange County Municipal Court.

You can pay parking citations online at

Pay Citation Online

These citations, if ignored, will affect future vehicle registration privileges.

Tuition Pay (Installment Plan)

Students interested in making payments for tuition and fees, can visit the Tuition Pay website for information on how to sign up for an installment plan. Students who chose to sign up must do so within 48 hours of registration to avoid being dropped from classes. Tuition Pay requires a down payment plus a $25 non-refundable fee per semester. This service is only available for the fall and spring semesters and for students who owe $150 or more.

Late Payment Agreement

For students owing less than $150 dollars for a semester or session, and are having difficulty paying the balance prior to the payment deadline, a Late Payment Agreement [PDF] may be submitted to the Enrollment Center for consideration.  Contact Elizabeth at (714) 895-8121 for further details.


Textbooks, manuals and other supplies are the responsibility of the student, and may cost as much as $800 per semester. Required items are available at the campus Bookstore. Check with the Bookstore for refund, exchange and buyback policies.

Living Expenses

Housing, transportation, food and other living costs are the responsibility of the student. Golden West College does not operate dormitories or any off-campus housing. A housing referral service is available through the Associated Students Office. The referral lists are not approved, inspected, or in any way supervised by the college.

Library Fine Policy

Library Fine Policy: GWC Library charges fines on overdue materials. Fines are 25
cents per item per day to a maximum of $10. There is a 3-day grace period. Fines are
assessed for weekends, holidays, as well as during Library hours since books can be
returned 24 hours a day in the outside book return.

Fines are charged for reserve materials returned late at the rate of 25 cents per hour up
to $10. There is no grace period for overdue reserve items.
Outstanding fines will be evaluated to determine which patrons, if any, should be suspended. These are students with fines in excess of $10.

When a book is lost, the Public Services librarian will determine the replacement cost
of the item.

All fees are subject to change during the academic year.

Payment By Check

Each remittance of payment by check is considered authorization to convert that
particular check into an electronic transaction. If your check is unable to be converted
electronically, it will be processed as a draft against your account.