image Ask GWC link

join Our Email List

The Western Sun - The Newspaper of Golden West College

Associate Degree for Transfer
Associate Degree for Transfer

Salary Surfer
Salary Surfer

Search jobs posted at our school!

Free Newsletter - Student Health 101


This Certificate of Achievement is designed for students who intend to transfer to a California State University campus.

Students who complete this certificate will meet all lower division general education requirements for CSU.

Students must complete a minimum of 9 additional upper division general education units after transfer. Courses on this list are approved for a specific academic year. A course can be used only if it is on the list when it is taken. Every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of this list at the time of publication; however, additions or deletions sometimes occur during the year. Students are encouraged to see a GWC counselor and check the ASSIST website ( regularly for the most current information about approved courses. ASSIST is the official repository of course articulation for California’s public colleges and universities.

To receive this certificate, a minimum of 12 residency units must be completed at GWC.

Students must complete a minimum of 39 units of coursework from Areas A through E including the specific requirements listed for each Area. A grade of “C” or better is required for all courses in Area A, the mathematics course in Area B4 and at least 30 of the units completed in Areas A through E. Grades of “credit/pass” can be used if equivalent to a “C” grade. One course may not be used to satisfy more than one general education requirement.

Note: Honors course credit limitation - Duplicate credit will not be awarded for both the honors and regular versions of a course. Credit will only be awarded for the first course completed with a grade of “C” or better.

Note: Students who are awarded this Certificate of Achievement must also request CSU GE Breadth certification at the Admissions and Records Office when sending their final transcript to the four-year school.

Note: This list was current at the time of printing. See a GWC counselor for the most up to date transfer information.

Download the Certificate of Achievement in CSU General Education Breadth 2014 – 2015 [PDF]