image Ask GWC link

join Our Email List

The Western Sun - The Newspaper of Golden West College

Associate Degree for Transfer
Associate Degree for Transfer

Salary Surfer
Salary Surfer

Search jobs posted at our school!

Free Newsletter - Student Health 101


This Certificate of Achievement in the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum is designed for students who intend to transfer to the University of California or the California State University, or who are unsure if they will transfer to UC or CSU.

Students who complete this certificate will meet all lower division general education requirements for UC or CSU.

Students transferring to CSU must complete a minimum of 9 additional upper division general education units after transfer. The IGETC may not be appropriate for some programs or high unit majors. Students should consult a GWC counselor to make sure this is their best option. Courses on this list are approved for a specific academic year. A course can be used only if it is on the list when it is taken. Every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of this list at the time of publication; however, additions or deletions sometimes occur during the year. Students are encouraged to see a GWC counselor and check the ASSIST website ( regularly for the most current information about approved general education courses. ASSIST is the official repository of course articulation for California’s public colleges and universities.

To receive this certificate, a minimum of 12 residency units must be completed at GWC.

A grade of “C” or better is required in all courses. Grades of “credit/pass” can be used if equivalent to a “C” grade. One course may not be used to satisfy more than one general
education requirement.

Note: Honors course credit limitation - Duplicate credit will not be awarded for both the honors and regular versions of a course. Credit will only be awarded for the first course
completed with a grade of “C” or better

NOTE: Students who are awarded this Certificate of Achievement must also request IGETC certification at the Admissions and Records Office when sending their final transcript to the four-year school.

Download the Certificate of Achievement in IGETC (UC or CSU) 2014 -2015 Checklist [PDF]

Note: This list was current at the time of printing. See a GWC counselor for the most
up to date transfer information